The Grim Reality
Let’s face it. We are in the midst of a mental health epidemic crisis here in the U.S. and around the world. And I dont know of a single family who hasn’t been impacted by it.
One glance at the news or a quick scroll though Facebook confirms it:
• Workplace Stress: The Health Epidemic of the 21st Century
• The Gut-Brain Link: How Your Headaches Might Stem From Your Digestion
• Why Are More American Teenagers Than Ever Suffering From Severe Anxiety
• Gut Imbalance: The Modern Plague and Hidden Epidemic
• Deepening “Crisis” In US Reveals One In Eight Americans Are Now Alcoholics
• An Alzheimer’s ‘epidemic’ could hit the USA by 2050
• New report finds 43 percent increase in ADHD diagnosis for US schoolchildren
• America’s Suicide Epidemic Is a National Security Crisis
• Why Your Gut Microbiome Could Hold the Key to Solving the Obesity Epidemic
Depression and depression related symptoms like anxiety and stress were predicted to become the #1 form of disability in the U.S. by the year 2030. Guess what? It became the #1 form of disability last year in 2017. WOW.
The statistics below really put the scope of the epidemic into perspective:
• Americans spend over $100 billion annually on “feel better” products from pain killers to anti-depressants to alternative and complimentary therapies
• Globally, more than 350 million people are affected by feelings of depression each year
• Nearly 90% of adolescents struggle with feelings of depression and anxiety before age of 18
• Globally, more than 800,000 people die by suicide every year – around one person every 40 seconds
• Every year more than 24 million people, some as young as 12 years old, receive treatment for illicit drug or alcohol abuse.
• Approximately 1 in 5 new mothers in the US have postpartum depression each year
• The World Health Organization calls stress “the health epidemic of the 21st century”
• More than 80% of the nation’s 20 million college students feel “exhausted and overwhelmed by stress” and more than 1/3 feel depressed to the point of dysfunction
• As of 2017, there are 5.5 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s dementia
The Mental Wellness Paradigm Shift
Where we sit right now in history is at the cusp of a complete paradigm shift in how we think about mental wellness. For centuries we thought mental wellness was just in our heads and that “the brain” was the target . What we now know, and it’s literally a PARADIGM SHIFT in how we think about mental wellness, is that while we are looking still at the brain we are now zeroing in on the 2nd brain which is in the gut. The 2nd brain, the gut, is comprised of a nerve system that’s just as robust as what we have in our spinal column. We now know the 2nd brain in the gut produces just as much neurotransmitters as the brain in our head. We are talking about serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin etc. that are produced at such a high levels in the gut that they affect how we preform, how we think and how we feel throughout the entire body.
We also have our gut microbiome, the 100 trillion bacteria that live in our gastrointestinal system, that help to govern so many aspects of how we feel in terms of our mood, our mental focus and our overall well-being. If our microbiome is out of balance, it will send signals throughout the body to tell us that we don’t feel good. So our indexes of mood state disorders like depression, anxiety, tension, irritability and stress are all much higher if our microbiome is out of balance then when it’s in balance.
The Mental Wellness Revolution that is Amare
The last 40 years of science and research coupled with sequencing advancements made by the Human Genome Projects has led us to this moment. We are excited to share that Amare is the first to the market with products that help people optimize their mental wellness through healing the gut, the brain and the gut brain axis (the communication network between the two). We invite you to watch our mission video below:
You Can’t Replace Timing
The day that changed the course of our lives forever. In early July of 2017, we had the privilege of spending 13 hours with the owner of Amare, Hiep Tran, the executive team and the chief science officer as they laid out the their vision for this mental health movement before we officially launched to the market on September 1st, 2017. I will never forget the honesty, transparency and humility of everyone I met that day. At dinner there were 15 of us sitting around a table many of whom were men. Everyone was open and honest about their struggles. From self confidence issues to alcohol and drug addiction to recovery journeys to anxiety and depression to suicide of family members to fertility struggles to eating disorders. All I can say is that I was really taken back. To be part of movement that is helping to end the silence and break the stigma around these mental wellness issues while having tangible solutions to offer people is a powerful place to be. I feel deeply honored and privileged to have the opportunity to be part of the Amare Passion Project.
The Amare Founding Leader Bonus Pool
If you are passionate about the mental wellness issues that are plaguing our society today, there is still time to qualify for our U.S. Founding Leader Bonus Pool Club offer. We encourage you to join us in this movement and be part of the SOLUTION!
Ready to learn move about how YOU can be part of this Mental Wellness Passion Project? Fill out the info below:
Jess & Miranda